Prismmy Craft Works: polepole animals
”polepole” means ”slowly” in Swahili language. Each piece is hand carved and hand painted by T-Lab team of artisans. From our hands to your hands. We want to warm people’s hearts. That is T-Lab’s philosophy.
About material of polepole
We use non-composite natural wood to make all of our products.
The tree that we used call ‘Albizia’. This tree is one of the quickest growing tropical trees.
It is thought that these trees are more sustainable than others.
Because of their rapid growth, they also help to combat deforestation.
Our company has started to plant these trees as a way to repay the earth – in a small way – for its bounty.
How to care
- Since it is made from all solid natural wood, it has the “grain” and “streaks (not cracks)” that are peculiar to natural wood. Please understand it as a natural wood expression so as not to waste natural resources.
- The solid tree is breathing. If placed in a dry place, the surface may crack. Cracks often subside over time, so please give it sometime to settle down.
- Since it uses natural wood that has not been treated with preservatives, it may develop mold if left in a damp place.
- If you leave it in a sunny or heat place for a long time, the color will change.
- All products are figurines of indoor home decor handcrafted goods that used water-based paint for the painting. It is not a children’s toys that can be put in the mouth. Although It is harmless to accidentally lick the paint, the color may come off if you wipe or lick it with water.
- If it gets dirty, wipe it gently with a dry cloth.